- We believe that all students should be provided hands-on, personalized learning opportunities that inspire and engage them in self-discovery, curiosity and life application.
- We believe parents must be engaged to play a well-defined and meaningful role in the lives of their students at school.
- We believe that students need to be challenged intellectually so they DO NOT fear the challenge but embrace it.
- We believe that everyone does not learn in the same way. Some require more time, resources and different ways of teaching to be successful.
- We believe our students deserve the best possible educational experience regardless of their backgrounds.
- We believe compassionate teachers need to challenge their students to achieve their desired success.
Owen County students/staff will:
Our mission at Owen County Schools is to provide opportunities and resources where all students will develop perseverance and a passion for life-long learning in a safe, supportive, educational environment.
- We will challenge students by utilizing multiple resources and teaching strategies to create hands-on, personalized learning opportunities that meet the diverse needs of our students.
- Schools will commit to training all teachers in personalized learning and expect its implementation.
- We commit to changing classroom instruction in order to provide hands-on engaging opportunities for our students.
- Model and communicate our vision to students and our community!
- We will actively engage families in their child’s education by providing interactive opportunities to be involved in the learning process.
- Continue commitment to Leader in Me instruction – progress monitoring and character development. (Elementary and Middle School)
- Establish a process that fosters and collects student voice input.